When homeowners think of replacing their flooring in Australia, they will often consider the numerous options available. Each flooring material will inevitably offer some advantages over others. However, despite the benefits that different flooring materials offer, the popularity of carpets and hardwood floors continues to soar.
No flooring material looks as classic and timeless as a hardwood floor. Similarly, no flooring material is as soft and comfortable to tread on than carpet. Hardwood floors can typically last for decades. At the most, you will need to get professionals to sand and polish the floor to give it a makeover.
In contrast, carpets wear out much faster. They accumulate dirt, dust and other allergens easily. Over time, these particles make the carpet appear dirty and shabby. Once you cross the stage where even a cleaning cannot change the appearance of the carpet, you will need to consider replacing it. It is best to consider replacing your carpeted floors once you come across signs of damage such as:
- The appearance of green, white or black stains that moulds usually have, which continue to grow and change shape or produce a musty, stale smell that is hard to suppress
- Stains arising from water damage caused by leaking pipes (especially in kitchens, bathrooms and ceilings)
- Manifestations of wear and tear that take the form of tears, worn patches that are almost transparent, matting, fraying and flat areas in the carpet
- Multiple stain marks brought about by various accidents (including spills) that persist despite your best efforts to eliminate them
- A foul odour that is hard to get rid of emanating from the carpet usually brought about by feet, allergens, dirt and food stains and,
- Degraded padding beneath the carpet that is flat, dirty or has aged beyond repair
Old carpets can absorb allergens as well as sponges can retain water. Dirt, dust, mites, pollen and various other things can hide inside carpets and cause a lot of discomfort. As a result, if you find that your family members are suddenly suffering from various kinds of allergies, it might be time to replace the carpet in your home.
On occasions, you might also want to replace the old carpet in your home because it looks dated and obsolete. So, you might want to replace a carpet that is out of style with swanky new vinyl flooring in your Wollondilly residence.
Whether you need vinyl or timber flooring, obtain the best flooring materials for your home at Picton & Engadine Floorstore. A family owned and operated business, we have extensive experience in supplying and installing an enviable range of flooring materials. We have a collective experience of more than 220 years in the industry.
Not surprisingly, we have been serving the local flooring industry most successfully for several years now. In addition, we have been providing clients in the local community as well as the surrounding suburbs with high-grade products and impeccable customer care.
We stock a comprehensive range of flooring materials – including timber, vinyl, laminate and carpets. Depending on your specific preferences, you will be able to find flooring materials having the right design, texture, finish or colour. We know that many people are clueless when it comes to finding the best flooring materials for their homes. In this scenario, we provide friendly and objective guidance that keeps your needs at the centre.
We help you ascertain the flooring materials that work best for you. Thereafter, we proceed to offering you with a wide range of options in different price ranges, so that you can take your pick. So, the next time you shop for new flooring, think of us. Call us at (02) 4677 3366 (Picton) or (02) 9520 0628 (Engadine) to share your requirements. Or, visit our showrooms on Argyle Street (Picton) or Mianga Avenue (Engadine) to select your flooring.