Flooring suppliers in Australia can provide an enviable range of flooring materials and options. Among these, carpets are probably the most comfortable. They feel incredibly soft underfoot. In addition, installing them is hardly a challenging proposition.
Not surprisingly, many homeowners have installed carpets in their Sutherland Shire properties. However, carpets are not the best when it comes to durability. They are prone to gathering dirt, dust, dander and all kinds of allergens. So, if you don’t take proper care of your carpets and clean them regularly, they will start looking dirty and shabby fairly quickly.
It goes without saying that keeping your carpet in prime condition remains an ongoing task. But, it is worth highlighting that you can increase the lifespan of your carpet by maintaining it well.
Some of the top tips to consider for taking good care of your carpets involve:
- Vacuuming Regularly: All your carpets need a thorough vacuuming at least once a week. For carpets placed in high-traffic areas, consider vacuuming them twice a week. Doing so could help you get rid of the dust and dirt accumulated in the fibres. This would go a long way towards keeping your carpets clean and fresh.
- Avoiding Treading on Carpets with Shoes and Other Footwear: The lesser opportunities for dirt and dust to accumulate on your carpets, the longer your carpets will last. As such, it might be a good idea to remove their shoes and other footwear at the entrance to the house. Using slippers indoors only could ensure that dirt from outside does not make your carpets dirty.
- Cleaning Spills Immediately: Not everyone realises how important it is to clean a spill immediately. The longer you leave the spill, the tougher it becomes to remove it subsequently. Instead of scrubbing the stain, simply dab at it. Follow this up by cleaning the carpet with a recommended carpet cleaner.
- Keeping Your Pets Clean: If you have pets in the house, always ensure that you clean their paws once they come indoors. This is especially so if your living areas feature carpets. Pet hair has a tendency to drop and accumulate on carpets. So, you might need to vacuum more frequently if this is the case. Consider using some repellents in case you want to make your pets avoid the carpeted areas in your home.
- De-odourising Your Carpets: At times, carpets can seem to give off unpleasant odours. To get rid of these odours, sprinkle some baking soda on the carpet. Baking soda can absorb odours well, thereby keeping your carpet odour-free. Be cautious when using carpet powders as they could leave residual stains.
- Using Area Rugs and Runners: Whether you have vinyl or laminate flooring in your Picton home, adding carpets to your home interiors could be great. However, using carpets in high-traffic areas could make them wear faster. Avoid this by using area rugs and runner in such areas. Area rugs and runners do not wear as fast as carpets do. In addition, they could enable you to infuse some colour into your interior décor.
- Availing the Services of Professional Carpet Cleaning Companies: At least once a year, it might be worthwhile to use professional carpet cleaning services for cleaning your carpets thoroughly. Research online and visit forums and review sites to ascertain the best carpet cleaning company in your area.