As mentioned before, bamboo is a natural surface covering material. It possesses many of the characteristics that people admire in hardwood flooring. This might surprise some people because bamboo typically comes from a type of grass. When it comes to natural and eco-friendly flooring materials, bamboo flooring is second to none. It offers a sleek and stylish look with minimal fuss. More importantly, it is not as costly as many hardwood floors tend to be. As a result, many people purchase it to imbue their homes with a classic and timeless look. However, bamboo flooring material also share many other features of timber flooring in Engadine and the neighbouring areas. This is why you must ensure that the flooring you’re purchasing suits all your requirements perfectly.
People typically invest in bamboo flooring products because this flooring material is:
- Eco-friendly: Bamboo comes from natural vegetation. The bamboo plant is a highly renewable resource. It can attain maturity in as little as five years. In contrast, hardwood trees take more than 20 years to become fully mature. It is worth highlighting that increasingly people are turning to natural products in almost all areas of their lives. Given this trend, it is clear why bamboo flooring is highly popular nowadays.
- Easy to Maintain: Bamboo floors do not require much by way of maintenance. You can simply sweep the floor or vacuum it to remove any debris. Cleaning these floors with a non wax, non alkaline bamboo floor cleanser could make it last for longer.
- Water Resistant: Unlike hardwood flooring materials, bamboo flooring can resist water damage, stains and warping better. However, because it is a natural product, it will still sustain some damage on this account.
- Durable: Certain varieties of bamboo can be exceedingly hard, strong and durable. For instance, natural, uncarbonized bamboo can offer durability that compares favourably to that of red oak. In addition, it is worth mentioning that strand woven bamboo is even harder than natural bamboo.
- Cheap: In many cases, bamboo flooring materials will be slightly cheaper than hardwood flooring material. This variety of bamboo flooring typically offers the best value for your money.
- Stylish and Elegant: Many people succumb to the charms of bamboo flooring because of its trendiness. Bamboo flooring can enhance the elegance and visual appeal of any space almost instantly. It looks and feels quite similar to hardwood flooring. Despite this, it offers its own uniqueness that makes it quite distinctive.
- Easy to Refinish: With the passage of time, bamboo flooring could develop discolouration marks, stains or scratches. Unlike other flooring material, you won’t need to replace the entire floor with bamboo floors. Instead, you can simply sand it down. Thereafter, all you’ll need to do is to apply the finishing coats on the surface to give it a sleek makeover.