You might have come across vinyl flooring in homes and offices across the country. These floors are quite affordable. In addition, they are flexible and versatile as well. They come in an assortment of colours and styles, which will suit a broader spectrum of people. Installing vinyl flooring in your Engadine home is not very difficult either. For these reasons, it remains a popular choice among residential and commercial property owners in Australia.
For the uninitiated, vinyl floors emerge from a mixture of various plasticisers and polyvinyl chloride (PVC). Its durability makes it perfect for use in high traffic areas. You will usually come across two types of vinyl flooring. These comprise:
- Printed Vinyl Flooring: These kinds of floors will usually feature patterns or colours that the manufacturer has printed directly on to the vinyl. Printed vinyl floors can be very eye-catching. Not surprisingly, these floors are popular among a large number of homeowners. It is worth mentioning that the manufacturers can make the printed vinyl mimic the look of other, more expensive flooring, such as marble or hardwood flooring.
- Inlaid Vinyl Flooring: This flooring material will typically feature embedded colour granules in the vinyl sheet. The embedding serves to give the vinyl flooring a deeper look. In addition, these inlaid vinyl sheets will often feature specks of varying shades, which enhance the look of the flooring.
When you shop for vinyl floors, you will find that they come in three distinct forms. These include:
- Vinyl Sheets: These denote single rolls of flooring. The width of a single vinyl sheet could range from six to 12 feet. Using vinyl sheets is useful when you want to minimise the number of seams. This makes it ideal for using in high-moisture areas such as kitchens and bathrooms. In many cases, you will be able to obtain vinyl flooring with three kinds of wear surfaces such as vinyl no wax, urethane and enhanced urethane.
- Vinyl Tiles: It is ideal to plump for vinyl tiles when you want your flooring to exude the look of classically tiled flooring such as marble. Installing vinyl and laminate flooring in your Sutherland Shire property is not taxing at all. In addition, replacing a damaged vinyl tile is quite easy too.
- Vinyl Planks: Suppliers typically cut vinyl flooring planks in much the same way as they do hardwood flooring planks. This makes it easier for homeowners who want their floors to replicate the look of timeless wooden flooring, without having to pay hefty sums of money. Vinyl planks often look like genuine hardwood planks. More importantly, they offer higher levels of stain resistance and durability than their genuine hardwood counterparts.