Laminate flooring is a flooring option that emerges after blending several layers of different materials together. In many cases, manufacturers use a combination of heat, pressure and adhesives to bond the different layers together. Not all people can afford to invest in authentic hardwood floors. For such individuals, laminate flooring is nothing less than a boon. Laminate floors can produce the effect of genuine hardwood or natural stone floors at a fraction of the cost. This makes them one of the best flooring materials for residential and commercial use.
Laminate floors continue to be among the most popular flooring materials in Australia because these floors:
- Exude a Unique Aesthetic Appeal: Laminate floors typically imitate the look of other, high-end flooring materials. For instance, they can easily replicate the look of timber flooring in your Wollondilly residence. This trait gives them a visual appeal similar to various high-end flooring options. These floors come in a diverse range of textures and patterns. Thus, finding one that suits your personal tastes and preferences is not difficult.
- Are Affordable: As mentioned previously, not all people can afford hardwood floors. For people facing budget constraints, laminate floors blend style and affordability perfectly.
- Are Durable: Some people live in areas that experience frequent changes in the temperature and pressure. These changes could cause your flooring to expand and contract accordingly. With laminate flooring, this will not be a problem. Moreover, exposure to sunlight will not make your flooring fade either.
- Are Versatile: Laminate floors imitate the look of hardwood floors. But, they are not cheap or imitation wood. Instead, they come in a wide range of colours, patterns and textures. Thus, you have no dearth of options when it comes to creating a space that suits your style.
- Are Easy to Clean: Smooth edges characterise laminate floors. This trait makes these floors easy to clean as well.
- Are Scratch Resistant: Laminate floors are scratch resistant. In addition, they are ideal for use in high traffic areas.
- Possess Anti-Allergic Traits: Unlike many other flooring materials in Picton and elsewhere, laminate flooring is naturally resistant to moulds and bacteria. This makes it ideal for houses where the occupants suffer from various kinds of allergies.
- Are Easy to Install: Installing laminate floors is quite easy. The installation process does not involve the use of concrete or grout. In many cases, you will be able to complete the installation within a day.